Cannabis terpenes impart distinctive aromas and flavours, and can also contribute to therapeutic effects. Our ‘Cannabis profiling’ product package allows reliable terpene identification and quantitation, overcoming existing analytical challenges.
Complex profiles lead to co-elutions using 1D GC separation, causing abundances of important components to be overestimated.
The structural similarity of many terpenes and terpenoids makes them difficult to identify with confidence.
Low confidence in data quality hinders product development.
Automated classification and confident identification of terpenes and terpenoids is one of the benefits of using our ‘Cannabis profiling’ product package to analyse complex extracts in this emerging field.
- INSIGHT®GC×GC flow modulation resolves co-elutions between terpenes and terpenoids.
- BenchTOF2™ mass spectrometers provide reliable identification and quantitation of terpenes, while also screening for other aroma-active compounds (e.g. esters).
- Tandem Ionisation® for BenchTOF™ simultaneously acquires both ‘soft EI’ and regular 70 eV mass spectra, to aid identification of challenging compounds, such as isomers.
- ChromCompare+™ software provides fully automated sample comparisons for easy visualisation of trends and differences across cannabis strains.
- Enhanced confidence: Robust quantitation provides improved precision in terpene profiling.
- More analyte detail: Additional information about isomeric terpenes allows a better understanding of the product’s composition.
- Faster reporting: Smart software tools simplify and automate the reporting of sample composition.
- Competitive advantage: Improved flavour interpretation enables innovative product labelling strategies.