Total Petroleum Hydrocarbons (TPH)
Petroleum contamination is a significant concern for both the environment and human health. Our ‘TPH’ product package allows thorough characterisation of both aliphatic and aromatic components in a single run, without the need for sample fractionation.
- Samples are complex, and require the aliphatic and aromatic components to be separated and quantitated.
- Existing workflows require time-consuming and labour-intensive SPE sample fractionation.
- Current multi-step sample preparation approaches use costly consumables, and also increase the risk of error.
- Multiple platforms (GC–MS and GC–FID) are required to characterise both volatile petroleum hydrocarbons (VPH) and extractable petroleum hydrocarbons (EPH).
- Previous approaches require multiple analyses, with complex chromatograms making integration difficult and subjective.
Thorough characterisation of aliphatic and aromatic components in a single run is achieved using our ‘TPH’ product package, which eliminates the inconvenience of SPE workflows.
- INSIGHT® GC×GC flow modulation provides robust, repeatable and affordable way of separating aromatics and aliphatics in a single run, meaning that EPH and VPH methods can be run on a common platform without the need for expensive mass spectrometers.
- ChromSpace® software provides simple group-type analysis and reporting of the TPH-CWG bands.
- Easier operation: Labour-intensive, multi-step SPE sample fractionation is eliminated, and GC–MS is no longer required for VPH methods.
- Reduced cost: Fewer consumables are needed, and solvent waste is reduced.
- Faster reporting: Fully automated workflows allow real-time data processing, with all analytes reported in a single run.
- Doubled productivity: Dual-channel GC×GC allows two samples to be run at once.
- Increased reliability: Minimal sample preparation minimises the risk of error, while automated data-processing avoids operator subjectivity.
Want to know more? Complete the form below to download our white paper.