Sample extraction and enrichment
The Centri® platform from Markes International is the first system to offer high-sensitivity unattended sampling and pre-concentration of VOCs and SVOCs in liquid, solid and gaseous samples.
Using Markes’ advanced trapping technology, Centri enhances the sensitivity and extends performance of several popular sample introduction techniques for GC–MS:
- HiSorb™ high-capacity sorptive extraction.
- Headspace and headspace–trap.
- Method-compliant thermal desorption.
- SPME and SPME–trap.
Why use Centri?
- It provides a single platform for all GC sample preparation.
- Cryogen-free analyte trapping provides high sensitivity by delivering a sharp, concentrated band of vapour to the GC.
- It is the only system that offers full automation of sorptive extraction, using inert HiSorb probes.
- Sample splitting and re-collection allows repeat analysis without the need to repeat extraction steps.
- Multi-step enrichment improves detection limits and allows:
- Samples resulting from different matrix modifications to be combined
- Matrix levels to be reduced by performing several sequential short extractions, rather than a single long extraction.
- Prep-ahead mode and automatic tool change result in increased productivity.