Flavours & Fragrances
Reliable analysis of foods and beverages is vital for quality control, R&D, authenticity studies, and assessment of food safety. Our ‘Flavours & fragrances’ product package provides fast and comprehensive aroma-profiling without compromising on system flexibility.
- Samples contain many chemical classes across wide concentration ranges.
- A range of sample matrices are involved, including liquids, solids and semi-solids.
- Odour thresholds may differ by many orders of magnitude, meaning even trace components can have a major impact on aroma.
Trace-level odorous sulfur compounds are readily located in complex profiles by using two detection techniques running in parallel on the same GC×GC analysis. Such versatility is just one of the benefits of our ‘Flavours & fragrances’ product package.
- The Centri® platform delivers automated sample extraction and enrichment, allowing highly sensitive analysis of various sample types.
- INSIGHT® GCx GC flow modulation provides enhanced separation with repeatable results across lengthy clinical trials, even for the most volatile species.
- BenchTOF2™ mass spectrometers provide the sensitivity, selectivity and spectral quality needed for confident identification of targets and unknowns in a single run, as well as extended dynamic range to quantify high-loaders while maintaining sensitivity for trace-level compounds.
- Tandem Ionisation® for BenchTOF™ simultaneously acquires both ‘soft EI’ and regular 70 eV mass spectra, for additional confidence in identification, in a single streamlined workflow.
- ChromSpace® software provides fully-automated workflows for unattended operation, with full instrument control and data-mining, while the ChromCompare+™ module uses chemometrics to automate sample classification for quality control, R&D and authenticity studies.
- Cost-effective: Cryogen-free, solvent-free sampling of VOCs, SVOCs and thermally-labile species results in substantial cost savings.
- More information:Improved separation uncovers key marker compounds and delivers a comprehensive aroma profile.
- Confidence: Remove the guesswork associated with identification of isomers, through dual-library searching of 70 eV and soft EI spectra.
- Fast reporting: Smart software tools automatically spot the differences between complex aroma profiles.
- Adaptability: Flexible configurations allow parallel detection using different techniques, such as MS, FID and SCD.