High-capacity sorptive extraction is an innovative, labour-saving sampling approach to the analysis of volatile and semi-volatile organic compounds (VOCs and SVOCs) in liquids and solids by TD–GC–MS.
Extending the capability of thermal desorption (TD), Markes International's HiSorb probes and accessories are ideal for trace-level component characterisation, aroma profiling, quality control and advanced research across a wide range of applications. Full automation of HiSorb is now possible on Markes' Centri® platform.
Why use HiSorb sorptive extraction?
- Robust, easy-to-use probes allow unattended sample preparation and maximum productivity.
- Simpler and quicker to use than solvent extraction.
- Reduce costs associated with solvent consumption and disposal.
- Re-usable probes and tubes minimise the cost per sample.
- Improved detection limits over SPME due to the larger capacity of the PDMS sorbent.
- Cryogen-free pre-concentration by TD prior to automated GC–MS analysis improves sensitivity.
- Flexible sampling (immersive or headspace) for both liquid and solid samples.
- Compatible with industry-standard TD tubes on all leading commercial systems.