Sample automation and concentration
The Centri® platform from Markes International is the first system to offer high-sensitivity unattended sampling and pre-concentration of VOCs and SVOCs in liquid, solid and gaseous samples.
Using Markes’ advanced trapping technology, Centri enhances the sensitivity and extends performance of several popular sample introduction techniques for GC–MS:
- HiSorb™ high-capacity sorptive extraction.
- Headspace and headspace–trap.
- Method-compliant thermal desorption.
- SPME and SPME–trap.
Why use Centri?
- A single platform for all GC sample preparation.
- Cryogen-free trapping reduces running costs.
- Multiple samples can be desorbed onto the same focusing trap. This allows:
- Samples resulting from different matrix modifications to be combined.
- Matrix levels to be reduced by performing several sequential short extractions, rather than a single long extraction.
- Sample splitting and re-collection allows repeat analysis without the need to repeat extraction steps.
- An automatic tool-change option allows rapid switching between sampling modes.
- Increased productivity through simultaneous preparation/extraction of multiple samples (‘prep-ahead’).
Please complete the form below to download the Centri brochure.